Screenwriting Tricks for Authors
workbooks & workshops have helped writers all over the world
- Write their first - or best! - books
- Get agents and book deals
- And launch full-time careers.
I know, I know. 2020 was a rough year to end all rough years. It was hard enough to get through an ordinary day, much less get any writing done.
But it’s time to come out of that tunnel.
We're halfway through the year. Don't you want to have a book at the end of 2021? Why not commit to getting that book written, with some expert help and encouragement?
I’ve taught writers of all levels, all over the world. My workshop students have gotten agents and first book deals, launched six-figure indie careers, and sustained bestselling sales as traditionally published authors.
They do it by using a method of dramatic storytelling that is the basis for pretty much every movie you've ever seen in your life.
Which means this is all going to make sense to you so quickly you’ll be amazed you’ve never noticed it before.
The thing is, you’ve already done years, a whole lifetime of research into storytelling. Because you’ve seen—how many hundreds of movies?
Yeah. That many.
So you actually know everything you need to know about telling a story.
You just need to have someone put names to all the structure and scenes and characters and tricks and tropes and especially that initial story idea—so that you’re thinking about all of that consciously and USING all these storytelling tricks, instead of just absorbing them passively, as we usually do when we’re watching movies.
This workshop is going to teach you the
Three-Act, Eight-Sequence Structure
of Hollywood filmmaking, and help you apply it to your book or script—using your favorite movies. You won't just write a book that YOU love—but that everyone who reads it will respond to.
Whether you’re writing a book or a script, if you stick with this course, you’re going to:
- Shape your story idea into a PREMISE you love and that other people will love, too.
- Plot your story using the THREE-ACT, EIGHT-SEQUENCE STRUCTURE to deliver maximum emotional impact for whatever genre you’re writing in.
- Create SETPIECES: scenes that are so memorable that any agent, editor or producer is going to get interested in your story.
- Develop a VISUAL AND THEMATIC IMAGE SYSTEM that will deepen the meaning of your story and show buyers it's sellable.
- Learn a PROCESS FOR REWRITING once you have a first draft (because everything after that first draft is magically fun.)
And much, much more, including learning a trick for solving virtually every story problem that ever comes up for you.
We'll go Act by Act, scene by scene, Key Story Element by Key Story Element, until your whole book is written.
You can do it - and have the most fun writing you’ve ever had - because you’ll be learning from your own favorite movies, and with lots of help along the way.
Make this the year that you write your first book - or your best book ever.
Let's do it.